Thursday, July 16, 2009

im not dead


Busy getting things ready for the one-man and beyond.

One thing I decided not to mention but now want to; when our van pulled into Astro Hall on Sunday, we were already in full makeup because of things we filmed/shot in the morning. A group of foreigners, all complete and utter Bros, saw us and started hooting and laughing and being like HAHA WE GOTTA GET PICS OF THIS BRO. I was embarrassed and annoyed and tried not to show myself and that was cowardly. Tenten took it in stride and posed with the guys, which in retrospect was the correct thing to do. We could see them hanging out outside the live house for several hours from the upstairs window trying to pick up on the multitude of girls waiting outside, but thankfully unsuccessfully. I think they were hoping to see more of that WILD AND CRAZY JAPAN that people seem to insist is all Japan consists of.

I handled it poorly; Tenten and the girls handled it well.

I feel rather productive today.

5 comments:

k. e. sharp said...

Ah, yes!! The 24-hour party central that is Japan! :shifty eyes: I must be missing out on something, because our idea of wild and crazy in Fukui is eating yakitori and drinking a few beers. Yeah, we are some insane party animals out here in Hokuriku. Word.

My NOVA roommates had the same misconception about Japan. Made me want to smack them (and 90% of our ALTs) upside the head.

p cell said...

Ah, I think it's pretty normal, your reaction. Don't think too much over it. Also, you have the right to not be interested in even seeing those people, as you still are yourself, right? Roots mate, roots. I suppose. hahaha.

Bottle said...

Good Day Sunshine? I hope you're a BUGY CRAXONE fan :]

Kataomoi said...

I can understand why you cowered. I mean, TenTen took it in stride because, well, he's Japanese. That's what "normal" in a sense, to percieve Japanese people in Japan, by foreigners. But yeah, had they recognized you WEREN'T Japanese doing that stuff, I would not doubt the possibility of physical harassment from the meatbrains. So really, I'm glad you didn't pride it all out. Those dudes, despite how they sounded, probably accepted it a lot better since it was a national doing/looking like that, as opposed to a foreigner. Buuuuuut ooh I'm excited as for what "arriving full costume" will consist of...

Somehow, youtube related? :D

Klisk said...

I agree. If those guys had realized you weren't native JP they would of gave you major shit. Probably better to shy away from the situation.