Sunday, February 22, 2009

CP site, song descriptions


I encourage you to listen to the entirety of the bluesy song, as that's our opener... so instead of coming out to a song playing over the PA, the curtain comes down and we go right into that, get the crowd going, then go into our first song.

Once that ends I recommend taking the time to listen to the light guitar arpeggios as well; I adore the chord progression of the thing and I think it's got some great atmosphere.


Tenten's been posting what these songs sound like on his blog, so I figure I'll just sort of tell you guys that too.

.SE
Already discussed...

1. Reincarnation

This song was written by our rhythm guitarist, who might be familiar to some of you when we announce the rest of the members. It's jangly and a bit light but I love how uplifting it sounds. The lyrics are pretty good, I think.

2. Human Rubbish
For a title like that, the music actually sounds pretty upbeat. This is one of the many songs I get to do backup harmonies on, and I'm pretty proud of how this one has come together.

.Bluesmen
This is more of an extended member introduction than anything. It came about when we were sort of wondering just how we were going to fit in the member call, and unthinkingly me and the lead guitarist started this jam. Tenten loved it and recently we've spent more time on this than other songs. O_o I do think that this song really showcases our guitarists' talents, though.

3. In My Dream
This song sounds like a heavy VK number. There's some English in this song that I wrote, based on the lyrical theme.

4. Suffering
This song is ridiculously heavy and fast. It took a ton of practice to get all the crazy riffs in order. There's a tiny bit in the middle where we pay a sly tribute to Pay Money to my Pain, haha. This song is almost entirely in English, which again I just took Tenten's lyrical theme and fit it to the lyrics. What this means is that you have native English in Visual Kei. Somewhere, somehow, someone will find fault with this. :)

5. 病ム空 (Yamusora)
Apparently Tenten released this song a year or two ago, which would explain why the version I used to learn the song sounded so good. It's heavy rock but lots of electronic goodness creeps in.

6. プレパラート (Microscope Slide)
This is perhaps the most representative Chemical Pictures song. There's a lot going on: acoustic guitar arpeggios, transitioning into funk with slap bass, going into a chorus area of straightforward rock, a bridge of floaty, sexy guitar solos.

7. Emily
This is our pop song I guess. Written for a friend of Tenten's who passed away.

8. Black Box
I gather that this song was released with Yamusora. Mid-tempo number, cool and chill. Reminds me of a beach somehow, even though it really doesn't have that much island flavor.

9. I wanna get away
Pretty straightforward rock until the bridge, but the chorus is pretty fast pop-punk and the bridge has some impressive metal shouts.

10. 素晴ラシキ忌々しサ (Subarashiki Imaimashisa)
Driving rock with a really neat, catchy chorus. Tenten has a lot he wants to say about this song but he worries about being long-winded. :-P

11. Stand by me
Definitely jazz-rock in nature, and I get a fun bass solo I had fun coming up with. It's one of those "repeat the chorus forever and ever" songs, and really I don't mind. I think it's a good last song.


So there you have it! I think we'll be revealing the other members soon.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The upper link doesn't work, but weee - looking forward!

Elec said...

Dangit! >_<;;

Fixed; try again! :) Sorry!! D:

Unknown said...

I love the crazy eyeball. o.O

Anonymous said...

A VK band with correct English? Woah. Clearly we are heading for the apocalypse.

And I like the samples too. And Chemical Pictures is the best of the names so I'm glad Tenten went with that one.

I'll be following you guys ^^

Anonymous said...

I never followed KuRt, but Tenten was in hanamuke, right? I like the samples on the site, sounds like you all have gotten some talented people together.

Evan Benner said...

OOOH. This is excellent. Just from the samples on the site I am super psyched to hear more.

Anonymous said...

this is good stuff bro!

Word verification : NABLY

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the intro music is actually being used for something. It's really good.

I don't know if you can clarify this, but is Chemical Pictures actually a band, or is it just the latest incarnation of a Tenten solo project?

Anonymous said...

Love what I'm hearing. Can't wait to hear more! definitely will be followimg :)

Anonymous said...

Man that is some spiffy music,
and I really dig the site design,
and reading about your songs.. I can`t wait to hear more of you guys, savvy?!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds exciting! Can't wait for more updates!