Monday, February 23, 2009

We are children



We have not grown up: apparently we're still in that phase of "everyone switch instruments and let's jam!", and Tenten usually instigates this. The rest of our material is solid enough that I don't mind the distraction. So here he is with my bass. Somehow we started playing Kurenai and I realized I've never actually tried to copy X before. Also our drummer is a pretty darn good guitarist, and our lead guitarist was a surprisingly decent drummer.

Tenten's actual musical knowledge is different from how much of it he can actually explain when pressed. He's sort of a savant like that; reminds me of a Billy Sheehan video I SWEAR I saw once where he demonstrates and then says "yeah I don't know how I did that." Ten2 can just pick up a guitar, noodle around, really look like he has no idea what he's doing, and still come up with some really cool ideas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tenten looks like he's doing some kind of Tyrannosaurus Rex impression: “grrrr I’ve got stumpy little arms and no opposable thumbs….gah...*poke poke*. Dang you evolution...foiled again.”
I love that he's able to just mess about and come up with awesomeness....that's what real talent is all about.

By the way today's verification word is 'wookwig' teeheehee.

Kataomoi said...

I believe this is what we call bromance, and I luff it. Now, all you need to do is switch everyone around, record it, call it Punk Pictures (a la L'arc-en-Ciel), ???, profit!

DSB said...

I'm so excited to follow you and this band. When you were first talking about it I was unsure as to whether or not this was just a session band, or if you had legitimately joined the band. I guess it's the latter! It's really cool to see you moving up, playing with bigger bands. Pretty crazy to see you playing with some really well-known guys. I'm excited to hear all about it. I wish you the best of luck.

Anonymous said...

... that means you were on vocals. there needs to be a "leak" online somewhere of this jam session.

please?