Monday, August 10, 2009

JY

Jasmine You passed away, and I don't really know what to say or how to say it but I've gotta say something.

He was always a lot of fun, definitely a unique guy. The first time I went out to dinner with him he tried to help me talk to women, and while it was a bit embarrassing, there was a sweetness to his attempt all the same.

The last time I spent time with him was on the Ascendead Master shoot. They say hindsight has 20/20 vision, so I don't know if this matters at all, but I remember him not being as conversant and thinking he seemed like he deserved a rest, considering the other four were in relatively high spirits and spent downtime in lively conversation not only with myself but some of the other foreigners on set.

The very last thing was when he had me play his bass, as the other guys were interested in actually hearing me, which they'd never been able to. I played a little bit for them, and they said I was good, and Jasmine You said I was good, and I thought, that was very nice of him to say. I'll miss him.

8 comments:

Kataomoi said...

I'm glad you wrote. I've been feeling for you all day, because I know you liked him, respected him, and how close you seem to be with the whole Versailles gang. He sounds like a wonderful kinda of older-bro type he was being to you, especially with talking to ladies, lol. From his blog translations and even emailing him a few times, he was a right-on kinda guy, and there's gonna be a big hole, to me, in VK without his exuberance.

Unknown said...

He's going to be missed, that's for sure. It's always hard to find the right words for times like these. Long distance hugs to everyone. ♥

shizuka said...

Thanks for your entry...
I heard of it yesterday and..
I still want this to be a lie...

Arithmetica said...

Very sad news, for the fans, for the band, for his friends and family and for the scene. Sad day today :(

rizumu said...

I'm too sad to sleep :'(

Rest in peace, Jasmine You.

liath said...

I'm not even sure what to say - I'm just really shocked about it. I'm not an avid Versailles fan but I liked and respected them as musicians. My first thought when I read the announcement so Shattered-T was " oh no, isn't he a friend of Jimi's?" which seems like a weird thing to have as a first thought under those circumstances....but there you go. My thoughts are with you and everyone close to JY.He'll be missed terribly.

~Stan~ said...

He'll definitely be missed...
Thanks for writing all that Jimi.

Badymaru said...

Yeah, thanks for writing this. Its nice to have a personal message from someone that knew him to be able to read rather than all of the other news sites and blogs basically just quoting the news article.

I'm not a big Versailles fan either, but I felt sad and confused when i first heard it. I feel terrible for everyone that knew and loved him.